Who Hunts Bugs????

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by CK Chickadilly, Sep 30, 2008.

1. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    Ok, confess....who hunts bugs with their chickens? [​IMG] I do!

It all started when I brought home 2 young chicks. I had them isolated from the others & had them locked in a coop & since they were very young, I would cut greens & bring them bugs.

When I finally let them out of the coop, they would follow me around so I started picking up my plant pots & other yard ornaments so they could get bugs. To this day, I only hunt bugs with the pullet. When she sees me out by the flower pots she runs towards me hoping to find some bugs.

We have actually made a habit of moving pots & rocks for her morning & evening.....[​IMG] even the DH is doing it [​IMG]

The things people do for their chickens!

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I hunt bugs alot but not just for my chickens. I also have a leopard gecko, a florida bark scorpion and a emperor scorpion. So my days are spent bug hunting.

3. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Well, I hunt bugs FOR our oldest chick! It gets all excited every time I come close to the brooder because it thinks I have another box elder bug.[​IMG]
    I can see me doing this as the chicks get older.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by