Who is allergic to Duck Eggs?

Who is Allergic or Sensitive to duck eggs?

• Total voters

CyndiD

Songster
Feb 28, 2015
Northern Idaho
Hello;
I wanted to know if you or anyone in your family is allergic or sensitive to eating duck eggs?
I purchased my ducks specifically for eating their eggs but, come to find out my dh is allergic to them. He gets nauseous after eating them, fried, scrambled or hard-boiled; so, he does not eat them anymore.
I have found that I can only eat one at a time; if I eat 2 I too will feel slightly nauseous. so, I limit myself to one each meal.
I am curious to find out if men, women or children are more sensitive to eating duck eggs? Or, if an age group is more sensitive?
So, if you are interested also, please tell me who can and cannot consume duck eggs in your family; are they male or female, children or adults? We are adults 50+. I'm not sure if age has anything to do with this, but it may be interesting to find out. So, let me know what age group and gender the sensitive tummy is in.
Thank you for your help with this survey. I appreciate your help.

Glad you started this. Im interested as well.
They make me nauseous if i poach them and leave the yoke runny, they will hurt my stomach. But thats all. However
My husband has a severe intolerence.
Extreme digestive upset with in 30 minutes of eating them. It took us almost 2 weeks to figure out why he was so sick.

Never heard of this I thought duck eggs were good for people allergic to chicken eggs.
X2....
Most I found was a physiological thing.... thinking duck eggs are gross because they are from (gasp) ducks, and therefore making themselves feel bad. Never knew someone who is actually allergic. Sorry.

X2....
Most I found was a physiological thing.... thinking duck eggs are gross because they are from (gasp) ducks, and therefore making themselves feel bad. Never knew someone who is actually allergic. Sorry.
I too thought my dh's allergy to our duck eggs was psychological but I can believe now that it is NOT.
He is truly allergic to them. so sad because I have so many duck eggs. So, I feed them to myself and my animals and I hatch them too.
Thanks for answering our survey.

I too thought my dh's allergy to our duck eggs was psychological but I can believe now that it is NOT.
He is truly allergic to them. so sad because I have so many duck eggs. So, I feed them to myself and my animals and I hatch them too.
Thanks for answering our survey.

I am very interested in the results. I am cutting back on chickens for the same reason. My pets eat the vast majority of my eggs now.

Wish now I had purchased a dozen "eating" duck eggs before I purchased my six Runner Ducks 7 weeks ago! I will be able to answer with my results in a couple months.

Or, I may purchase some local duck eggs sooner and give them a try. Fingers crossed!

I am very interested in the results. I am cutting back on chickens for the same reason. My pets eat the vast majority of my eggs now.

Wish now I had purchased a dozen "eating" duck eggs before I purchased my six Runner Ducks 7 weeks ago! I will be able to answer with my results in a couple months.

Or, I may purchase some local duck eggs sooner and give them a try. Fingers crossed!
We did the same thing. Bought 10- female runner ducks thinking we would switch to duck eggs. And we started buying duck eggs at the same time. We ate them for almost a month before my husband started getting sick from them.
We loved the taste of duck eggs tho. They make perfect poached eggs since the yolk is so much thicker then chicken yolks.

I am allergic to chicken eggs so I did buy duck eggs and eventually bought my own ducks since I was having a hard time finding them closer to us. I was determined to make it work for me. It took me a year to not have a little reaction from them. My husband still prefers chicken eggs because he does feel the richness. I have no reaction from them now, except they give me body odor. I feed them egg producer with high protein, stay away from corn & soy. I have several friends that love the pasture, organic eggs. I keep the coop clean and change the bedding so I can find clean eggs in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom