Who is hatching on Easter Weekend?

I am too!!

I have 17 mutts in the bator!!!
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

eleven. twelve were fertile and alive I accidently opened one I thought was dead. I taped up the hole and
put it back in the bator yesterday. It still looks alive.

Last edited:
jumpy.gif
I will be having Easter babies as well (as long as everything goes well
fl.gif
). I have 8 eggs from my Silkies and a 'Designer' egg from another member that should be Easter babies

I just realized mine are going to miss Easter by 4 days. I think its better off this way so I can enjoy Easter, and have something to look forward to after it! Im glad its after because I wont be home much around Easter and Id croak if I missed my first hatch!

Quote:
Glad to hear you are back on track for a very productive hatch.

As for my "mishap" I ended up with 17 extra eggs. So I have 29 in the bator now.
th.gif
the first batch should hatch around the 12th or so... The other 17 were just set Sunday night so they have longer to go. I think the only reasonable thing to do is build a hatcher!
tongue2.gif
I was looking around the house and I have most of the parts. Im gonna need a thermostat and a fan. I wonder if computers fill out organ donor cards? I bet one of the geeks at work would know.

I think I can duplicate what I built the first time only skip the turner and use the larger water dish for higher humidity. The hardest part will be explaining this unplanned addition to my recently-converted-city-boy-husband.

Michelle

Just quote Spock from Star Trek....."it is only logical, Captain". Then start building.
big_smile.png

I want to join this group! I am hatching friday...that counts as easter weekend, doesn't it?? LOL

In this hatch, I have Missprissy B/B/S Orps and from my own flocks... blrw, buff orps, EEs.

Yotetrapper,
It sounds like you have a great bunch of eggs there. I would love to be incubating Miss Prissy eggs. The ones I am incubating are for my Mom to have a flock. I finally persuaded her to take the plunge. The kids an I spent Spring Break building a coop with my Dad. I told mom that with shipped eggs the best I could hope for was a 50% hatch so somehow ordering 3+ dozen eggs didn't sound so threatening. If I end up with 30 or so chicks it is going to be interesting. I am billing the extra roos as "freezer fillers". She is already calling them "those stupid chickens". Hmmm Dad is as pleased as he can be. He has wanted chickens for years. I wonder how she would feel about a few guineas....

Back
Top Bottom