Who is hatching on Easter Weekend?

I have some due on Easter day . . . Happy Easter to me
big_smile.png

Willowcol I'm so happy for you!! How exciting.
celebrate.gif

My eggs are just sitting there staring at me staring at them. I don't really expect any action until tomorrow sometime though.
roll.png

FD, I am so sorry about your broody!!
hugs.gif

Last edited:
No pips yet for tomorrows hatch. Wouldn't you know it, my first hatch out of 6 so far this year and it is going to be slow
old.gif
or worse
th.gif
tongue.gif
. I guess that I need to stop looking at them, someones sig line on here says a watched egg never PIPS. My hatches so far have been 13/13, 43/43 (5 of the 4 dozen never even took off), 8/11, 5/5, and 13/18. The last 3 batches were shipped from all over. This one scares me, out of 16 eggs 6 didn't make it past first candling.
barnie.gif
Still have my fingers crossed and my humidity up.

I actually started a different thread to track my SpeckledHen Round #2. But I will copy the contents of that post here also.

SpeckledHen (Cynthia) shipped me off round #2 of eggs and today is Day #21.

As of 9:33 am , here are the stats:
MEG - 1 PIP
BEE - 1 PIP
BR - 2 Hatched, 2 PIPS

Here they are resting before going in the bator (antoher excellent packing job):

20090318_Cynthia_Round2.jpg

3 Meg eggs (Her Buff Orpington / RIR hen with a Blue Orpington Roo) (MEG)
3 Barred Easter Eggers (BEE)
13 Barred Rock (BR)

Now I have to tell you, how many people can you receive shipped eggs from and they have the Hen's name that layed them written on them. Cynthia loves her babies. All 19 eggs starting developing and on Day #10 were viable. On Day #18 when moving to the Hatcher, 3 Barred Rock had stopped and the rest were looking great.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=160239

3 out here nd lots of pips. Yes sometimes you just have to leave for a few hours and then they just start pipping like crazy. Would love to get Lav. Silkies for easter! you are so luck. Thanks Birdbrain! I am excited that this new bator seems to be doing so grreat.

Back
Top Bottom