Who is hatching on Easter Weekend?

AAAACK!
barnie.gif

Alas I am still waiting. Today is day 20.

Last edited:
Looks like I have two to go between now and Monday, with any luck, of the BR turkey eggs rescued from the first time broody. I've never had a broody be so inept as to actually stagger a hatch. Sigh. Two this weekend, two probably late next week, one the week after that.

There's actually no way to own enough bators to keep up with the disaster this turkey's first broody attempt has resulted in so here's hoping I can stagger hatch like I've managed before in a single bator.

One day at a time. Luck to everyone.

Today is day 20 for me too...out of my 6 welsummer eggs, I'm only expecting 2 to hatch....and I'm getting so anxious to see them pip....of course, seeing as this is my first hatch, the whole thing is kind of iffy....we are going camping tonight and I'm freaking out...I'm taking my bator with me and plugging it into an invertor in the vehicle...LOL. I've still got 6 pekin duck eggs that have another week to go.

Sonya

well My hatch is over. I got 14 of the 16 eggs from dipsydoodledoo to hatch, 7 of the 12 EE eggs from Bugladyleah, So happy with those 2 sets of eggs. However the mail people must be not as nice coming from Florida cause out of my 30 Barred rock eggs only 6 hatched. They rest either quit last week sometime as they were not done developing or quit a few days in had very little development. So it wasn't the eggs, and it wasn't the bator. Who knows things happend I guess. I still have 14 Cockoo Maran and 8 WelsummerXMaran eggs due to hatch Monday so I am still hopeful for lots more babies. I will get pics after I get back from walmart, I haven't got any Easter stuff yet.

Still no pips here.
sad.png

However I went to the feed store to get bedding and feed for my hoped for hatch and 4 little birds followed me home. They are Cleo and Dolly (Americanas) and Sylvia and Smidgen (Barred rocks). It is amazing how that happened....
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom