Who is interested in Black Javas?

It is my intention to breed Java's and Delawares. I had one Java that unfortunately met it's fate with a Hawk. I intend to start some Java's this winter, or if that doesn't work out in the spring. So I'm on board with the Javas. My preference is for Mottled, but I would love black as well!

Laney

I started with one pr of mottled Java's. Now iI have about a dozen chicks this year to start with . I intend to breed a flock thru intergenerational breeding, etc. I understand why the Jersey Giant came from them. These are big chickens!. The pair took grand champion at our parish fair.

I have been looking into black Javas also, but I don't even have a coop yet... hopefully in the Spring. As to the quality of the Java's, Duane Urch, owner of Urch Farms, is the pre-eminent breeder of black Javas. The Garfield Farm Museum outside of Chicago gets their stock from Mr. Urch and is leading the way in the preservation of the breed. You couldn't have picked a better source for your Javas, from what I understand, and Urch Farms is where I would go, as well, if I settle on them for my flock. Also, there's a guy associated with the farm museum named Pete Malmberg, who has started the nation's first Java Club, and emailed me back very promptly with helpful info when I asked a bunch of questions. Dont' know if the Java Club has a website or not, I found his email addy through a hyperlinked article on the farm museum's website -- Google for more info.

Hi just wanted to post what I found when shiffting through the very little java info on the internet. I too, have looked into this breed. At the beginning of the year,I was trying to get more info on this wonderful breed. I contacted Pete through email at the museum and this is what I recieved from them....

Tacey- Pete no longer works at Garfield Farm. He moved on some time ago and the Java club is no longer active. I wish I could help you with information on the mottled Javas, but we only raise the black and white Javas. I don’t have any photos for them. Sorry. –Bill Wolcott, Garfield Farm Museum

So, I talked to Bill through email, and he seems like a nice fella. I have a small flock of mottled Javas that I absolutly love. They are a great breed, and I would love to talk to someone who has been breeding them/raising them for longer then a yr. I have some questions and I would like to get some new blood to add to my line.
I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE KNOWS ABOUT THE BEHL FARMS IN ROCHESTER, IL. Specifically about the auburn javas! Please contact me if you know about this farm. Thank you ~ Tacey
big_smile.png

Quote:
This is where my Javas came from. They are BIG beautiful Javas. The roosers are a little more aggressive than I would like, but I guess they're guarding their hens.

Thanks Rosewynd, I'm looking forward to ordering some eggs from you, please PM me when you can give me total price including shipping. Are Javas sorta common in Ca. ? There are atleast three of you in Ca, that I am looking into getting either Black or Mottled Javas from.

I've got 4 mottled Javas that are about 6 weeks old now, and 10 I think that should hatch out tomorrow. I would trade out with you later on the get new blood introduced. If I had room I would keep some black javas too, but we already have several rare breeds going.

Back
Top Bottom