Who is this?

smason1284

In the Brooder
Sep 9, 2022
Indiana
I was sold this chick as a Russian Orloff rooster. I honestly don't know if the guy at Ruarl King had any idea because they put similar colored chicks in the same dang bin together.

I have Russian Orloff hens at least that what I was told they are when I bought them and this one looks nothing like them

This chick is the only one colored like this. I think he's really neat but I have no idea what it is?

Attachments

• chick 1.jpg
    chick 1.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 21
  • chick 2.jpg
    chick 2.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 6
  • chick 3.jpg
    chick 3.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 6
  • chick 4.jpg
    chick 4.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 5
I was sold this chick as a Russian Orloff rooster. I honestly don't know if the guy at Ruarl King had any idea because they put similar colored chicks in the same dang bin together.

I have Russian Orloff hens at least that what I was told they are when I bought them and this one looks nothing like them

This chick is the only one colored like this. I think he's really neat but I have no idea what it is?
Gold laced Wyandotte. Could very well be a cockerel - that's a huge comb for such a youngster. Post updated pics at 6 weeks.

That comb. It looks cushion-y. Completely wrong color and pattern for an Orloff though. Also lacking a beard.
I looked at this bird and did not think Wyandotte. No part of me thought about Wyandottes until I saw your reply. That's what's throwing me. It has all the right traits for a Wyandotte, but somehow does not look like one at all.

Back
Top Bottom