Who keeps a chair in or near the coop?

i have a few chairs and lounges and i plan on a patio. i find it peaceful to watch the chickens and i love how they are so loving
love.gif

Yup! Same here. I have two chairs up by the coops, one each for me and my DH. We bring them treats and sit and watch them in the evening. I find myself sitting outside quietly more often, and since we are in a hollow in the woods, I have seen and heard a lot more birds and critters this year than I usually do. It has been very rewarding.
smile.png

My DD put 4 chairs @ her coop. There is a adult size chair then 3 children's chairs so there is one for each of her cousins for when they visit. Each chair is a different color & everyone has their own chairs!

Have chairs all over. Love sitting and watching my chickens, talking to them. Have 19 new chicks with 4 hens, the chicks are used to my voice now and come running when they here me. Is so funny as the hen runs after them clucking away, I gather she is calling them back
wink.png

I just bought a cheap little camp stool to keep out there so I can sit and watch them. DH made fun of me for buying it but I'm tired of standing or squatting all the time. I can fold it up and keep it outside the run so they stay off of it but won't worry about chicken poop getting on the bottom of it since it'll stay out there near the run.

I had a chair in my coop and it had holes in it. I used to sit on it but then my girls started sleeping on it and pooping on it so i just left it in there. So today I opened my coop door to let my chickens outside. I have eight chickens and only seven ran out. So I went in my coop and looked for my 8th and i looked at the chair and saw my little silver laced chicken with her foot stuck in one of the holes in the chair and she was wimpering. So i got her out and that was the last time i ever left my chair in their coop.

Back
Top Bottom