Who keeps track of eggs collected?

Chirpchirp19

Songster
Mar 11, 2019
Western New York
Hello! I was wondering if anyone else likes to keep track of the eggs they collect during the day! If so, how do you prefer to do it? I have a couple apps on my phone but I am not too fond of them as my husband also collects eggs also and you can't have one account linked on two phones. I have tried paper on the fridge but I feel like my husband NEVER remembered to fill it out. Any ideas?

I do - I also write in pencil on the egg which day it was laid..... (that might help with hubby)
P1020329.JPG

We only collect eggs once per day. I usually have the kids write the numbers on the calendar with a letter for species. So t for turkey eggs d for duck and c for chicken. I have used an app on my phone it works the same but I like to have the hard copy as backup

I have an electronic diary that I keep and I only note when a hen stops or starts laying . If I need to know the number of eggs laid - it does require a bit of searching but it does mean I don't have to keep info daily (which I am very bad at).

I kept mine in a spreadsheet. Kept it up for about 6 months before losing track.
For 6 years now...but it's just me so....<shrugs>
ETA. My records also contain costs and egg sale numbers...and many other notes.

I have tried paper on the fridge but I feel like my husband NEVER remembered to fill it out.
This reminds me of the ATM records way back when I had a spouse, had to take the card from him.

Last edited:
We use Sheets, the google version of excel. They have an app and you can share the document so more than one person has access and can update in real time. Right now we just keep track of total eggs, and if a certain hen is laying (she’s 3 but seems to be an every day layer surprisingly).

I have had similar apps for mileage and what not for work and have usually found that google sheets is still an easier, cleaner way to track things.

I have a calendar on the kitchen wall. As soon as the eggs come in, I pencil in: 3 W(hite), 2 Bl(ue), 1 Br(own), 1O(live), and the total for the day. Then I pencil the date on the fat end of each egg. Logging complete! I don't know who laid what egg specifically, but I know what I got on any given day.

20191215_071730.jpg

Back
Top Bottom