Who keeps track of eggs collected?

Chirpchirp19

Songster
Mar 11, 2019
Western New York
Hello! I was wondering if anyone else likes to keep track of the eggs they collect during the day! If so, how do you prefer to do it? I have a couple apps on my phone but I am not too fond of them as my husband also collects eggs also and you can't have one account linked on two phones. I have tried paper on the fridge but I feel like my husband NEVER remembered to fill it out. Any ideas?

I do - I also write in pencil on the egg which day it was laid..... (that might help with hubby)
P1020329.JPG

I have a calendar on the kitchen wall. As soon as the eggs come in, I pencil in: 3 W(hite), 2 Bl(ue), 1 Br(own), 1O(live), and the total for the day. Then I pencil the date on the fat end of each egg. Logging complete! I don't know who laid what egg specifically, but I know what I got on any given day.

20191215_071730.jpg

I have been wanting to set everything up and get it figured out before we start breeding like we had originally planned but I need everything fool proof before that time comes!
You'll want separate sheets for laying and sales, connected to calculate costs.
Then other sheets for breeding records.
I have like 30 sheets in my spread sheet file.

We only collect eggs once per day. I usually have the kids write the numbers on the calendar with a letter for species. So t for turkey eggs d for duck and c for chicken. I have used an app on my phone it works the same but I like to have the hard copy as backup

I have an electronic diary that I keep and I only note when a hen stops or starts laying . If I need to know the number of eggs laid - it does require a bit of searching but it does mean I don't have to keep info daily (which I am very bad at).

I kept mine in a spreadsheet. Kept it up for about 6 months before losing track.
For 6 years now...but it's just me so....<shrugs>
ETA. My records also contain costs and egg sale numbers...and many other notes.

I have tried paper on the fridge but I feel like my husband NEVER remembered to fill it out.
This reminds me of the ATM records way back when I had a spouse, had to take the card from him.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom