Who knew they were that smart?

HenneryTheEighth

Songster
May 28, 2020
I just got a fabulous new coop and run to keep my chooks safe and secure not only from predators, but to keep them out of my neighbor’s flower beds. The builder ran a string inside the door frame so I could open the latch from the inside. I fed the ladies, watered them, and went Inside for a while, feeling good about their overall safety and security.
Imagine my surprise when I see every single one of them outside in the yard again! My husband and I chase them down. He thinks that I just didn’t latch the door securely.
Today I do the morning feed, double checking to make SURE the door was latched. Thirty minutes later, I look out just in time to see them all escaping AGAIN. The little boogers were jumping up and PULLING THE STRING!
I added another lock. 🤣

I just got a fabulous new coop and run to keep my chooks safe and secure not only from predators, but to keep them out of my neighbor’s flower beds. The builder ran a string inside the door frame so I could open the latch from the inside. I fed the ladies, watered them, and went Inside for a while, feeling good about their overall safety and security.
Imagine my surprise when I see every single one of them outside in the yard again! My husband and I chase them down. He thinks that I just didn’t latch the door securely.
Today I do the morning feed, double checking to make SURE the door was latched. Thirty minutes later, I look out just in time to see them all escaping AGAIN. The little boogers were jumping up and PULLING THE STRING!
I added another lock. 🤣
My naked neck male learned that my lock pops if he kicks it hard enough. Now I have to tie it shut every evening

Back
Top Bottom