Who laid it?

Chickiemom25

Crowing
12 Years
May 13, 2011
North Alabama
ok I have 3 girls and found the first egg today YEAH! now the question of whose it is? The Plymouth rock is a huge girl so I doubt this light brown little egg came from her. She is also a week younger than the other two girls. That leaves an EE who is half the size of my rock and a white orpington who is the top of the pecking order but also half the size of the rock. the egg is actually more a swiss coffee color and a bit larger than a golf ball... Any guesses?

hu.gif

Remember all young pullets lay small eggs to begin with so size doesn't really help.
Your EE should lay blue or green eggs and mine have actually layed whiteish eggs at first.

i'm pretty sure i'm getting little light brown eggs from my barred plymouth rock. they are lovely, and it *could* be from one of my other girls, but i think they are hers.

Could be either the rock or the orp. I have buff orps and barred rocks that have started laying in the last couple weeks and their eggs are VERY similar in both size and color, regardless of the size of the bird. Some of them I know who has laid what, when I catch them on the nest. But others it's impossible to tell because the eggs look almost the same.

Back
Top Bottom