Who laid these eggs??

D-Bar-B

Songster
Feb 13, 2019
Texas
I have 6 pullets and I know at least one or two have started laying because these eggs are much smaller than what I get from my older hens...I’m confused about who is laying though. I have 3 golden laced Wyandottes, 2 light brown leghorns and 1 Golden Campine. I have not seen any white eggs (which I was told is what the leghorns and Campine should lay).
So...are these from my Wyandottes?
In the second picture, the egg on the right is from another hen...not a pullet. I wanted to show the size difference.

17CFAC34-0AD7-4413-8240-03DD8842B973.jpeg

5E39C3B2-CEED-4EED-A363-2E4FB586CC60.jpeg

Campine and Leghorn will lay white or much lighter eggs- so I'm guessing your Wyandotte pullets had started laying. Congratulations! I love Golden Laced Wyandottes. Beautiful birds.

They are beautiful and grew bigger and faster than the other breeds. They're all 22 weeks and hubby is ready for them all to start laying and "earning their room and board" lol

I have 6 pullets and I know at least one or two have started laying because these eggs are much smaller than what I get from my older hens...I’m confused about who is laying though. I have 3 golden laced Wyandottes, 2 light brown leghorns and 1 Golden Campine. I have not seen any white eggs (which I was told is what the leghorns and Campine should lay).
So...are these from my Wyandottes?
In the second picture, the egg on the right is from another hen...not a pullet. I wanted to show the size difference.

View attachment 1917734

View attachment 1917733
The color looks just like the eggs my gold laced Wyandotte lays

Back
Top Bottom