Who Loves Barred Plymouth Rocks?

Hi, I'm new here. Who loves Barred Plymouth Rocks besides me?

I've found them to be a great dual purpose bird and great with the family
8A9A47CC-326F-4464-9CDC-F2924196231E.jpeg

I do! I have Rocky and his RIR hens in one yard and two bard hens in with sexlinks layers.

I have Shelly the Barred Plymouth Rock! She is so sweet and she's always been the mischievous one! One time when she was a chick, she almost swallowed a hair and I had to slowly pull it out. Then she half swallowed a piece of training pad from when my rabbits were inside. Then her first dust bath was a crazy one! It was hilarious! She was rolling around crazily and I at first got scared but then realized she must be having her first dust bath! She's so wonderful! I call her "The Crazy Kook". I've appointed her "Coop Clown"! :lau
:gig🤣🤣🤣🤣🤡

B894FC35-C6A3-43AE-9D99-FC72E117A615.jpeg

I just parted with my 2 barred rock Roos, Rambo and Sylvester. We kept our Rhode Island roo Rolo in the front here. I love my girls though! I have 5 of them, so sweet. Jolene (behind Rolo) is probably my favorite barred rock girl ❤️❤️

I am new to chickens and thinking of starting with Barred Plymouth Rock hens. Is this an easy bird to raise? I want to learn as much about them as I can. I think they are beautiful.
My absolute favorite chicken of all time is a Barred Rock. Friendly lap chicke , loves to be petted, curious, not agressive, and lays good sized light brown eggs. Her molt wasn’t horrible. If you are only going to have one breed, this is one I’d recommend!

Back
Top Bottom