1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

who put there incubators up?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chicken farmer 1997, Nov 20, 2011.

1. chicken farmer 1997

chicken farmer 1997 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    lewis county ky
    i have not put my incubators i have 3 chicks thats hacthed already they are not due until tomarrow.

2. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I am giving my incubator a rest until after the holidays. I have 2 hatches left one on Nov. 29th and another on Dec. 1st. I have no hatches this week. Made sure not to set any eggs for hatching during Thanksgiving week.

3. begbfg

begbfg Barnyard Beckie

Feb 11, 2011
    Roxboro, NC
    After this hatch, I will be putting mine up until March. The excuse I used to buy an incubator was I had a broody that sat for two weeks then quit on me. So cruel. She got me excited about having fuzzy butts then let me down....so I set some on my own. [​IMG]

4. GrannysRoost

GrannysRoost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande
    I am doing the NYD hatch so not putting away yet, maybe after that, but I won't promise or I might get struck by lightening [​IMG]

5. chicken farmer 1997

chicken farmer 1997 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    lewis county ky
    i am gonna hatch yr round. i already have 6 chicks out of 40 eggs that aint due untill tomarrow

6. crazyeggs

crazyeggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Vermont
    Mine is put away. I use the shed for a brooder and it is too cold for that now [​IMG] I try my hardest to not use the mudroom. I will be pulling it out again in March when my LO's will be hopefully [​IMG] laying.

7. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Mine's been put away for a couple of months now, won't be sitting anymore eggs until the first day of February.

Hatched out over 1,500 chicks this year, I have to draw the line somewhere. [​IMG]

8. Mommysongbird

Mommysongbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    Mine will go back in the closet after this hatch! Not sure when I will get it back out, maybe in the spring and maybe for a friend that wants to hatch some. We'll see. [​IMG]

9. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    I put mine up in the beginning of October, to stay up until after New year's.

And got it back out at the end of October. [​IMG]

Yes I am a glutton for indoor baby brooding punishment. [​IMG]

10. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    Mine was all boxed up to go to Brinsea for repairs (the automatic turner isn't working). Then we had a massacre and all of my hens were killed. So, I unboxed it and set 7 of my favorite eggs, due to hatch around Thanksgiving.

Once they hatch, I WILL send it off for repairs and will not be able to hatch again til it comes back.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by