Who takes their chickens for a walk round the suburbs?!

Thanks for all the responses u guys, il quite like your reason bullyforme,and I must say myself it would be quite weird seing Some one walking down the road with a chicken tagging along!

My chickens are terrified of anything the other side of the gate for some odd reason. They refuse to go anywhere beyond that!

I tried using a harness on my EE Curly, and while she remains calm for a little bit walking normally, she sometimes freaks out and tries to back out of the harness or run away from it while it's on her.
I don't want to hurt her so I stopped using it on her. I may try one of the silkies and see if they do better with the leash.
Not sure I would walk them down the street, but if they were calm enough I might think about it.
lol.png

I don't think a chicken would need the exercise from a walk...

I got a call once from a local hatchery (back when we had a local hatchery
roll.png
) and they had some half grown Leghorns they wanted to get rid of. They offered them to me at a really good price so I went to pick a bunch up. I was driving a Cavalier Z24 at the time. I got half way home on a 4 lane divided highway and looked in my rear view mirror. There running around on the deck in the back window were a bunch of my new chicks. I hurried up and rolled up the window in case any flew up, and I had to wonder if anyone noticed all of the white birds running around back there.

when i was about 12 i had 2 pet mallard ducks and yes they were pets that lived indoors (very messy but worth it) after they reached adulthood i would take them outside but then they started trying to fly so i put dog harnesses on them and would walk them on leashes down the street and downtown they liked it and never freaked out they walked quite nicely but of coarse chickens are a bit differant

I don't think I would walk around town with them bur maybe up to the local park for a bigger variety of fresh bugs

Back
Top Bottom