Who to buy from?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by tothemoon, Oct 9, 2009.

1. tothemoon

tothemoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Texas
    There are so many breeders on here that I am wondering if anyone can give me some advice on who are the best breeders to buy from. Im not looking for show birds but would like good quality and decent pricing. I am interested in Standard Lemon Blue Cochins, Bantam Cochins in Lavender; White and Barred, and Jersey Giants in Blue.

2. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

Quote:There are alot of great breeders on here. I have lavender bantam cochins (Split black roo over lav hens) and white/frizzle

3. tothemoon

Sep 3, 2009
    Texas
    I know for sure I want some Standard size Lemon Blue Cochins and will hopefully get some eggs from equibling when her hens start laying again. I am still trying to decide about the other ones though. Just trying to get an idea of who to buy from when I make my mind up!

4. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Hi, I agree there are many terrific sellers on BYC. I encourage you to look at the BYC seller feedback...It will be up only a few more weeks, so you may want to print it out to historically get an indication of satisfaction with the seller. Here is the feedback board:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pcz6aC_klXJDTE8H01hR-RA

Also, I'm not clear all the kings of eggs you are seeking, but we ship eggs and also sell eggs and live poultry from our full time chemical free farm in Georgia.

Presently we have turkeys, chickens and guineas for sale at our small chemical free farm.

Our poultry for shipping eggs are:

Welsummers - non hatchery

White Leghorns - non hatchery - sold out for this season

Black Copper Marans - Wade Jeanne Line - feathered feet - French Standard - C-1 pen

Speckled Sussex - non hatchery

Buff Orpingtons - non hatchery

Barred Rocks - non hatchery

Non Production Rhode Island Red - Pure Mahogany - non hatchery

For 2010

Peking Ducks

White Chinese Geese

Brown Chinese Geese

Guineas - Presently - White, Pied, Lavendar, French and blended

Ameracaunas - from Dipsy Doodle - bbs

Large Fowl Cochins - 2 lines

Wheatan Marans - Buddy Henry's stock

The following turkeys
    Royal Palm
    Bronze
    Bourbon Red
    Jersey Buff
    Pencil Red

Geese, guineas and turkeys are time specific in laying patterns and not available year round.

Farming, vegetable and poultry and goats are our full time business and we take the care and tending of all of these very seriously and carefully.

Please let me know if any of our eggs are of interest to you and have a blessed day.

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'd find the sellers who have the breeds you're interested in and pm or email them for pictures of their breeding flocks. Even on BYC the quality can vary greatly. Do a search of the breeds you're looking for.

Right now most of my girls are molting and or taking a break, but I raise BBS wyandottes, BBS orps, Speckled Sussex, Wheaten Marans, Cuckoo Marans, Silver laced wyandottes, Blue Laced Red wyandottes.

6. The_chick_inn

The_chick_inn New Egg

Oct 11, 2009
    I have been trying to find Blue Laced Wyandottes, not the "Blue Laced Red"
    Anyone know who sells them as chicks?

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:Do you mean just Blue Wyandottes? Mine have lacing, although not as dark as I'd like.....but the ones that have dark lacing are few and far between.

8. tothemoon

Sep 3, 2009
    Texas
    Stupid question #3...........what does BBS mean?

9. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:BBS means that the birds are Black, Blue, and Splash (also called Blue Splash). When 2 blue birds are bred together, they produce BBS offspring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by