Who uses food coloring in vent?

This is one weird, .. yet strangly interesting thread,.. and of course I wont be able to put on lipstick again without thinking of,.. well,. you know.
hmm.png

There is just no telling what one will learn on BYC!
caf.gif
:
gig.gif

Last edited:
To add to why do this,

I raise my chickens for meat as well as eggs. I'd prefer to eat the ones that are not laying.

I've had chickens that regularly lay weird or defective eggs (blood spots, strange shells). See above comment.

Some of my hens lay eggs that don't hatch very well, are not fertile. Go up two comments.

There is some good info in this thread. Thanks.

I have a question about inserting the food coloring bottle into the vent. If I understand the vent area correctly there are two channels- depending on what is being passed through at the time. How long will the dye results last? Won't the poop come out colored too?

yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif

What a great idea - I'm going to put some more turkey eggs in the 'bator today, and despite sneaking out there every half hour to check the nest to "catch" who is laying for the past three days- the sneaky bird is getting out there and laying between times I check.

So last night, I filled a couple of syringes (without needles) and put some of my cake decorating color in each one. Went out to the barn, lifted tail feathers and did the deed. NOW, unless they decide not to lay today - I'll know who is laying and who is not. I"m hoping it's the Bourbon Red, need some more of them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom