Who wanders the least? Peafowl or Guineas?

NicInNC

Crowing
15 Years
Jun 23, 2008
North Carolina
I've owned Guineas before many years ago for a short time but we rehomed them to my friends farm because at that time I knew nothing about them and we lived in a neighborhood where the homes are practically on top of each other. Yeah, big mistake. We recently moved to 10 1/2 acres and I would love to get a pair of Guineas or Peafowl. We have two homes that are kind of close to our actual house. When I let our chickens free range each day they never go towards the neighbors homes. They mainly hang out in the pasture or along the woods. I know Guineas and Peafowl can wander for miles though. Do you think it's a bad idea to get a pair? We have ticks something horrendous in the summer. We have miniature donkeys and are planning on getting more farm animals so I would really like something besides just the chickens. I loved my Guineas (yes, I loved their loud voices but my neighborhood didn't...lol) but I also would love a peafowl pair. Advice? Attached is a photo of the back of our property if that helps any. Our property goes way deep into the woods also.
9C78374F-8C55-40CB-9816-D943F06857D2.jpeg

My guineas cover a lot more ground than the pea fowl do. In the summer when the guineas are roaming around 30 acres the peacock will follow them for a ways but he won't cross into the neighbors property like the guineas do. My pea hens never go very far from the buildings.
None of them will usually go out of sight from their house. ;)

Back
Top Bottom