Who wants to hatch with me? Went in 04/18/14

cluckcluckluke

Crowing
7 Years
Jul 10, 2012
The Foothills Of Chickendom
CluckCluckLuke's 2nd BYC hatch-a-long
big_smile.png

Has anyone set eggs at the same time as me and wants to share information, hatching tips etc.

I have 6 Frizzle X's and 2 Marans X's that went in on the 04/18/2014 at around 8:30pm.
They are due on the 05/09/2014.

I am hatching in Australia so the times may be a little different to most of you.

Please come and join. Everyone is welcome, even if you haven't set to this exact date
jumpy.gif

Tell us:
How many eggs you have set:
Date they where set and when they will hatch:
Breeds set: ( be it mixed or pure )
Posted, Pick up or own eggs:
Bator(s) used or Broody Hen
:
Extras: Include and extra's like are the show quality, how many detached air sacks if posted etc.

Last edited:
Tell us:
How many eggs you have set: 8 eggs. 6 Frizzle X's and 2 Marans X's
Date they where set and when they will hatch: Set - 04/18/2014, 8:30pm. Hatch - 05/09/2014.
Breeds set: Frizzle X's and Marans X's.
Posted, Pick up or own eggs: My flocks own eggs
big_smile.png
Bator(s) used or Broody Hen: Incubator - King Suro 20, 24 Automatic.
Extras: When I say Marans X's I mean that is what the offspring are. The hens laying the eggs are pure, but they have a White Leghorn rooster over them
smile.png

I am setting 7 silkies in my brinsea mini advance on Friday for a may 16th hatch. Is that close enough for a hatch along? These are eggs I am picking up from a local farm tomorrow. This is only my second hatch. Just finished with my first hatch (lavender guineas) and hatched 3 out if 6. Hoping for a little better hatch rate this time!

I am setting 7 silkies in my brinsea mini advance on Friday for a may 16th hatch. Is that close enough for a hatch along? These are eggs I am picking up from a local farm tomorrow. This is only my second hatch. Just finished with my first hatch (lavender guineas) and hatched 3 out if 6. Hoping for a little better hatch rate this time!

Yes you are most welcome
big_smile.png

I think guinea hatching must be a little different from chickens.lol. So
fl.gif
for a much better hatch rate.

I have 7 eggs set on April 10th
they are under a broody Sussex hen with a large butt
Eggs I set are Pure geese eggs my own .
This is a test to see if this works out .
If this don't count as a hatch along that's fine thought I would share the story anyways.
chicken fostering geese should be interesting. To me any ways. Bators never worked for me.
Like I said this I did this for a test I don't know what I will do with the the little ones if it does work My three geese are a handful right now .So bad and full of mischief. But I love spoiling them.

Chicklee I think you count as a hatch a long. I have never done one so far be it from me to say it doesn't! I am so disappointed in my hatch and it hasn't even started. I just picked up my 7 silkie eggs from a rather unclean farm :( the eggs were very dirty and when I got home I noticed one was broken on the bottom :( so now I am down to 6. Then i (gasp) washed them before reading how bad it was for eggs! I wiped them with a damp cloth and scraped the poo off with my fingernail. I thought I shouldn't hatch dirty eggs but now I have probably ruined them (after reading all the BYC formuns on washing eggs). Feeling doubtful about this hatch!

Chicklee I think you count as a hatch a long. I have never done one so far be it from me to say it doesn't! I am so disappointed in my hatch and it hasn't even started. I just picked up my 7 silkie eggs from a rather unclean farm
sad.png
the eggs were very dirty and when I got home I noticed one was broken on the bottom
sad.png
so now I am down to 6. Then i (gasp) washed them before reading how bad it was for eggs! I wiped them with a damp cloth and scraped the poo off with my fingernail. I thought I shouldn't hatch dirty eggs but now I have probably ruined them (after reading all the BYC formuns on washing eggs). Feeling doubtful about this hatch!

Oh no
sad.png
. That's not to good.
Yeah I have read that it is actually better to hatch dirty eggs ( of course scratch the worst of it off ) than wash them.
fl.gif
Eggs are pretty tough so I reckon you still have a chance
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom