Who were your first layers??

AUChick9202

Songster
Apr 9, 2011
Utah
I have 5 chickens all different breeds and ages, so I knew that I would be getting eggs at different times. My first layers were my RSL at 17 wks (my neighbor also has a RSL that started laying at 17 wks) and my BO at 20 wks. My RIR who is also 20 wks looks like she should be laying, but I have not "caught" her yet LOL

Just wondering the breeds and ages of other "first" layers.

My BR barnie laid right at 20 weeks followed by
EE mix and a RIR at 21 weeks
another BR barnie, 2 more EE mixes joined at 22 weeks.
I've had another join at 22 but don't know who it is yet, by the end of the week end I will!!!

We have nine girls, all purchased at the same time. They were born on April 6. We have four different breeds: Golden Comets, Cherry Eggers, Easter Eggers, and Cuckoo Marans. Only one is laying so far, Annabelle, one of our Golden Comets. Her first egg was at 18 1/2 weeks. This week they will be 22 weeks, and my husband and I are placing bets on who will be next. I suspect both of the Cherry Eggers are close and one of the Easter Eggers.

Quote:
We have an "Annabelle" too
smile.png
She is our BO that is laying.

Quote:
We have an "Annabelle" too
smile.png
She is our BO that is laying.

I think Annabelle is a lovely name for a chicken!

We have 6 girls, all the same age at exactly 21 weeks today. Two Buff Orpingtons, two Black Sex Links and two Golden Laced Wyandottes. One Buff Orpington first laid last Thursday, skipped Friday and now an egg every day since. The others aren't even doin the squat yet:(

Back
Top Bottom