Who will be selling eggs

mamawolf544

Unbreakable Heart
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
alvarado, Tx
clap.gif
Ok I know it's just November but who on BYC sells pheasant eggs and we will they start laying?
I have 2 ringneck pheasant hens, but I got the eggs off ebay very late in the season and that is all that hatched.
I dont want to miss out this year.
barnie.gif

I think they are so purty!

I will have ringnecks laying in February, as I induce early laying by increasing the amount of light beginning January.
smile.png

I may have eggs for sale again next spring. I bought a "new" old bator last summer because my bator at the time wasn't large enough to handle the egg production. The new bator holds about 1400 pheasant eggs. This was more than big enough until I bought another bunch of hens. LOL I think that I'm going to need to sell eggs again.
I did sell eggs last summer and had a very good shipping method. One reported cracked egg out of 36 dozen shipped. I truly believe that the reported cracked egg was cracked when I shipped it. I was in a hurry to pack and ship for this order and may have missed one bad egg. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
The people in the southern states do have eggs available sooner than I do. My hens start laying about the second week in April and stop laying near the third week in September. It depends on when you want the eggs and if you can trust the person that you are buying from. I still can't guarantee hatch rate because of reasons beyond my control. I can guarantee that you will get your eggs delivered with none cracked or broken.

I would assume you just want ringneck pheasants, however if you want some of the ornamental ones let me know because I will be selling eggs this spring. I have Reeves, Lady Amherst, Red and Yellow Golden and Elliots.

Back
Top Bottom