Whoa! Wild and wooly! UPDATED W/ PIX

living2ride

Songster
11 Years
Feb 17, 2008
Illinois
About 3 weeks ago, I hatched out some eBay purchased silkie eggs. As these two began feathering out, I began to wonder about them... Here's the white one:
WhiteSizzle3wks.jpg

And a tail shot:
WhiteSizzle3wks-2.jpg

The black one:
BlkSizzle3wks.jpg

BlkSizzle3wks-2.jpg

Don't they just crack you up to look at them?
smile.png
I finally e-mailed the seller and asked if by any chance he had any frizzles in with his silkies. He said as a matter of fact, he has ONE black frizzle hen. I told him to let her know she's the proud mother of two wild and crazy looking children.
lol.png

So I guess these are sizzles then, eh? And what's with the black one? It was all black but now I can see rusty brown coming in on some of the feathers. What's he going to end up looking like?

Last edited:
Oh those two are awesome. Very neat. That black one may end up being sort of like the partridge silkie pattern.
big_smile.png

I saw a white one at an event here in town a couple of weeks ago and it definitely brought a smile to my face. They are beautiful.

At six weeks, here's what the black one has continued to turn into. Looks like I caught him in mid-blink.
tongue.png
Looks like a roo to me. What do you guys think? I'm just judging by comparing him to the white one which has no visible comb or wattles.
IMG_1727.jpg

And here's the white one. I call her Dolly Parton.
IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

Back
Top Bottom