whole egg inside another egg, every happen to anyone else? Very weird....

BMRYANS

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 14, 2011
ep.gif
We got our first egg yesterday, yeah!!

I didn't eat it because it was ODD, Huge egg, 3"X2" when I cracked the egg into the pan, egg white and another small whole egg in shell came out. then I cracked the smaller egg inside that was normal.....Have you ever heard of this?

No egg yet today... See pic of the two cracked shells beside fry pan. to see size of our egg we compared a white egg that was a lg publix egg, the brown egg is what our girl laid. Huge size difference. Then the egg inside it was tiny& dk brown. Weird...

I have read about it. You would have to assume a second egg starts forming while another egg is in the shell gland already. Chickens lay some weird and interesting stuff.

ep.gif
We got our first egg yesterday, yeah!!

I didn't eat it because it was ODD, Huge egg, 3"X2" when I cracked the egg into the pan, egg white and another small whole egg in shell came out. then I cracked the smaller egg inside that was normal.....Have you ever heard of this?

No egg yet today... See pic of the two cracked shells beside fry pan. to see size of our egg we compared a white egg that was a lg publix egg, the brown egg is what our girl laid. Huge size difference. Then the egg inside it was tiny& dk brown. Weird...

my kids would have gotten a huge kick out of that. :p

Yep, happens, I think the shelled egg backs up out of shell gland to be surrounded by albumen then back down to shell gland for another shell.

Back
Top Bottom