Whole flock gone

Pics
Thank you for posting this. As a new chicken owner, less than a year, I will need to re-think my feeding of my girls.
You’re welcome. The OP on FB was newer to chickens, and due to the rumors about commercial feed, she said they were loading up on “snacks” more than normal to make sure they were getting enough nutrition. She was clearly very devastated but shared her experience to help other people know. I have a CCL that isn’t a good eater so we’ve been offering a lot of sunflower seeds but are cutting back for her, too, just to be safe. I knew the fatty foods could cause damage to organs, but didn’t know something could happen so suddenly.

Weasels can desimate a flock with out any indication that they were there, very hard to determine that they were present, usually just sucking the blood out of the chickens, hard to see the teeth marks on neck, check if there’s any indication of teeth marks on throat area
I have to agree..weasel or mink will show no indication of blood or bites or anything. I had 3 guineas and got into a pair of guineas next and ate 14 out of 18 eggs. This happened all in one night...It could have been more than one mink. But we did trap a mink the next night. Thank goodness before it got into our one of two chicken coops. One of the guineas we did notice, had a little blood coming out of his mouth. thats it.

Back
Top Bottom