Whoopee!! The Coop is Finished!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by pdxblossom, Aug 5, 2010.

1. pdxblossom

pdxblossom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    The coop is finally finished and in place! Now all we need to do is install a chicken friendly landscape/mulch, install some lights, hang the feeder and waterer, stain it, put up a sign, hang a picture over the door, teach them to roost, name it, etc, etc, etc. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  2. GermanChick

GermanChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    NW Missouri
    Nice Job [​IMG]
    Looks really good. We just planted today around our coop and I can recommend Russian Sage, Juniper and Knock out Roses .... at least my chickens don't eat those........... for now.

3. pdxblossom

Jul 11, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Thanks for the advice! Those will also do well in that particular location - - it's got a fair amount of fallout from the cedar trees and the soil is pretty acidic. I was thinking about some blueberry bushes too; a treat for the girls.

4. sheilawagner

sheilawagner Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Pacific NorthWest
    really well done. Congrats, must have been a lot of effort and sweat. But the chickies are worth it.

Good job.

5. pdxblossom

Jul 11, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    It was a lot of effort and sweat . . . but not on our part. We took the easy way out and paid an amazing gentleman in PDX to build it for us. I'm happy to provide referrals to anyone in the area who is interested in a similar coop. We couldn't be happier. It's very sturdy, attractive - great customer service and he's a chicken lover to boot. His wife was pretty great too.

[​IMG]

6. Braclin

Braclin KY Chicken Farmer

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    Awesome Job [​IMG]

7. CityChook

CityChook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    My Coop
    So pretty. That coop is going to perform well for you!

8. Monk

Monk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2009
    Very nice coop!

9. Montana-Hens

Montana-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Buxton, Montana
    Good for you! You many need to protect that shrubbery as my ladies butcher shrubs as it seems their leaves taste best.

10. gallinamama

gallinamama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    Macomb, Michigan
    very nice coop!! I am jealous now... [​IMG] Mine probably won't be finished in a long while... since a lot of it requires saw, drills, etc.... Wish I could persuade Hubby to put electricity out back... he says it cost too much money... It is about 300 feet back...

Maybe I could name it the "The Halfway house"..for chickens....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by