Whoops :d

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by elizabethbinary, Jan 23, 2011.

1. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I made a boo-boo! You see, I accidentally, just maybe, not on purpose - got myself a golden pheasant! I COULDN'T HELP IT HAVE YOU SEEN THEM!???!!

Anyway, I've now got about 3 hours to learn all I can about pheasant rearing before I bring my new guy home. What have I done?

Can you guys help?

Main questions:

What kind of permanent pen do they need?
    What kind of noises do they make in suburban areas? (it's okay, really, we're leaving here in a couple months anyway)
    Do they need special food?

LOL I know I probably shouldn't have gotten a bird without knowing much about it - but my chickens survived the same ordeal! And I have a friend with a pheasant willing to help me out but I can't reach her right now.

GOLDEN PHEASANT!!!!!!!! AGGGHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEE YAY!!!!! SO HANDSOME!!!!

2. OzawkieBantams

OzawkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    I got mine yesterday. My advise make sure you have a pen for them before you get them. I did not have this. But i have been freezing my tail off building two pen for them.

3. elizabethbinary

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Quote:Done and done! My new baby boy is in the quarantine pen. [​IMG] Thank you!

4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Quarrantine pen? No, No, No, Golden Pheasants Must be raised IN THE HOUSE! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. elizabethbinary

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    mr. birdaholic :

Quarrantine pen? No, No, No, Golden Pheasants Must be raised IN THE HOUSE! [​IMG] [​IMG]

For the love of all that is holy please tell me I can actually do this so I can tell my husband BYC told me to......... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. OzawkieBantams

OzawkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    Quote:For the love of all that is holy please tell me I can actually do this so I can tell my husband BYC told me to......... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Tell him we say yes you can. Lol

7. elizabethbinary

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Quote:For the love of all that is holy please tell me I can actually do this so I can tell my husband BYC told me to......... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Tell him we say yes you can. Lol

HE FELL FOR IT!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I like how many excited smilies this forum has.

INDOOR PHEASANT PET [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    Quote:Tell him we say yes you can. Lol

HE FELL FOR IT!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I like how many excited smilies this forum has.

INDOOR PHEASANT PET [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Congratulations!!

Thanks a lot, now I want one. And now I know how to convince my family... muahaha!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by