Who's been Skiing at Winter Park, Colorado?

Smitty's Farm

Crowing
15 Years
Aug 24, 2007
St Clair County, Il
I was just wondering who has been skiing at Winter Park or if anyone lives close by. My family & I are taking a last min trip there to go skiing. I hope I make it back in one piece, b/c I've never been skiing before. I have visions of falling off the ski lift. LOL!!!!!!
gig.gif

If anyone lives near by, can I get a weather report?

Thanks so much!

Kim
smile.png

So nobody on the site has ever been to Winter Park in Colorado to give me any insight of what I'm getting myself into??????? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim

Well I don't ski but I live in Colorado and I've been up there in the summer for fishing. It is beautiful. They might be getting a storm right now so get ready for some snow and have a great time!

My DH is a die hard skier!!! So I have been to Winter Park, I loved it, a great area and some pretty good food on the hill as well as great sun exposure. Have a blast!

Hi Kim,

It's hard to say, it looks like the mtns have been getting something everyday from the way the clouds are sitting over there. We're expecting snow by tomorrow morn down here .

It is very beautiful up there. It's one of my kids' fave places to snowboard. Have fun! Dress in layers just in case.

Cara

My husband was a ski bum there back in the mid/late 60's for a couple of years. I've only been there in the summer. I'm sure it's changed a bunch since he lived there!!!

I went, back when I was in Highschool (early 90's) with the concert band. Had a blast other than suffering altitude sickness upon our arrival. I had never skiied before, we took lessons so we could learn how to "wedge"
gig.gif

Skiing makes me nervous because I'm always afraid I'll break a leg or worse...
barnie.gif

Duckyboys I have heard that it is absolutely beautiful up there. My DH just keeps saying that he can't wait to get up in the mountains.

Cheryl thanks so much for your insight.

Coloradochick thanks soooo much for the weather link and the dress in layers tip. I think my dd will try the snow boarding. She has one, but only used it on small hills here. We never get much snow to write home about. Just enought to sled for half a day before it melts.

Katy I'll take pics and you can compare it to when you lived there.

Chickngurl I've never been skiing either and I sure hope I don't get the altitude sickness. I heard that is the pits. I will definitely be taking lessons. Ok, what's a "wedge"? The skiing makes me nervous to.

I'm getting pretty excited about the trip. It wasn't planned. DH called me Fri afternoon ans asked what all we had planned for next weekend that he found some great prices on tickets. He absolutely loves the snow. I know he needs a desperate break from work, so I'm doing it for him.

Thanks everyone so much....I really appreciate it!!!!!!
smile.png

I unfortunately never lived there....that was before we met. I do love the mountains tho and we go to Colorado every year to visit family and friends. If we could ever figure out a way to move the farm to the mountains so we could make a living we'd do it!!!

Back
Top Bottom