1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

whos egg is this?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Kayajost, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Kayajost

Kayajost Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2015
    i have 7 chickens. I have a Ameraucana (lays average sized blue eggs),a common white chicken (lays average white eggs) and i know for a fact that they already lay eggs. But i don't know if the 5 other chickens lay eggs yet. They are: Ameruaucana, a polish chicken, a golden laced wyandotte, an unknown black breed (not a black sexlink), and another unknown light brown multi colored breed. But recently i have gotten two small eggs like, a lot smaller than my usual white egg. Please help me find out who layed it :/

[​IMG]

2. Ameraucanas

Ameraucanas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2015
  3. Truckman

Truckman New Egg

Nov 9, 2015
    The information was a good start but I am in need of some additional help. I have a variety of chickens but not all are laying eggs, what is the best method to determine who is laying and who is not?

Thanks

Truckman

4. azygous

azygous Overrun With Chickens

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    Look at their head gear. If it's shrunken and pale and dry, they are probably not laying.

5. ksilber

ksilber Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2014
    Brush Prairie, WA
    That egg looks a lot like my polish egg. I was told they lay white eggs, but mine is more cream color. It is also smaller than all my other large fowl eggs.

6. Kayajost

Kayajost Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2015
    ok thank you guys!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by