Who's going to the Waverly IA swap

apbgv

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 13, 2007
Iowa
The waverly swap is coming up on the 28th anyone going? Thinking of taking a few chanteclers with also have a few cornish(bantam) that turned out to be roosters.
sad.png

Do they need to be tested or anything for this swap? I am guessing not.

The spring one is usually bigger this year it wasn't it was in early april and cold. but it is fairly good sized.

Wonder how you could find out if they need tested. I might be interested in going - but that is up to the hubby and he has a thing about spending money on "gas". I could take my frizzle cochin roos there...

Tell me more about this waverly swap. Is it at the sale barn and what is there mostly?
Tom from Des Moines

just nine ol chickens wanting barnies welsemmers and java

I'm going
wee.gif
, I'm going
wee.gif
, I'm going
wee.gif
!!!!!

I love this sale...
4 1/2 hour drive...But I LOVE it....

My mom, dad, me and my hubby are going....

NO KIDS GOING WITH THIS TIME!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

The Spring sale was a little sad this year...
It was really early in the year, cold, not alot of sellers and then it rained and almost everyone(sellers) packed up and left after just a few sprinkles..

My mom and I stood in the middle of the grounds stomping our feet, screaming and crying that
th.gif
WE DID NOT JUST DRIVE 4 1/2 HOURS FOR NOTHING!!!! WE WANT ANIMALS....
th.gif

No we really didn't do that, but wanted to!!!!!

I have been going to both the spring and fall sale now for about 3 years...I think my parents are going on there 4th year.
It is a long trip...But I look at it as my 'vacation'.
gig.gif

It's at the fair grounds (I think that's the fair grounds). I know they have a baseball diamond there.
It's usually loaded with sellers.
Don't remember what the cost is to get in...I wanna say $3 a person. But don't quote me on that one..
Last year I got one of our llama's there. Always bring enough empty cages to bring my treasures home in...

Maybe if enough are interested we could try and meet up...

Did I say....
"I'M GOING
wee.gif
I'M GOING
wee.gif
I'M GOING
wee.gif
WITH NO KIDS!!!
wee.gif
"

Forgot to say... They have all kinds of animals there.
chickens, ducks, geese,peacocks, quail, all kinds of birds, pigs, horses, cows, sheep, goats, llamas, house birds, reptiles, mice, dogs, cats, pretty much any animal....
I even seen reindeer there, caraboo (sp??), even baby alligators/crocidle (sp??) there...
There are cages, fencing, feed dishes, tack, pretty much anything.....

Oh yeah Did I mention....
wee.gif
I'm going!!
wee.gif

Sorry about living on the southside I know its hard.lol. I live on the east side right behind A/E dairy on garfield ave, The place with the new barn (big shed). You can't miss it. My wife , sister and I all turn the big fifty not long ago and enjoy this time in our life the most. And we're moving to the scenic northeast to be without noise of the city and its woes of foe. Tom

five ol'hens that are brown egg laying machines and four pullets and this belgian bearded quail D'anvers bantam pullet.

Wow an East sider talking about the southside that way....
tongue.png

You do know there are million dollar homes on the southside right
big_smile.png

SOUTH SIDE PRIDE!

My husband is on the prowl for some forclosed land. Eventually we want to move out to the country closer to Camp Dodge where he works.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom