Who's Hatching Ducks? Hatch With Us!! *Page 3*

Was candling my (duck) eggs tonight--and one of them pecked at the flashlight! OMG, it's pipped through the membrane. I am only on day 23. . .
The rest have filled the empty space in their shells, and I swear just yesterday there was plenty of room to grow. . .
fl.gif

So maybe I will start seeing some action soon!

OMG, I have movement inside my wild Mallard eggs after all. From what I had read I though too much time had past after the eggs had filled and then with the power failure. I was also worried because I work until 10:30 at night. When I came home the house was way to hot. The Incubator temp was 105. I had opened it and let them cool. My boyfriend had turned up the house thermostat and didn't think about what it might do to the eggs. I was upset but didn't know if it was fatal or not. I am happy to see that the air cells are getting larger and that I can see movement to most of them. Should I turn them or not? they have not piped yet. Thank you for your help.
big_smile.png

Goat Walker--

Your babies look like one of those fancy assortments you get from the hatcheries!!! All different types and colors, and ALLLL CUTE!! What a great mommy, too!

As for Danger, that is great news about the mallard eggs! Sounds like they should be here soon?

So far, we've had eight babies tonight, hoping more will pip, but not expecting too much with the age of the eggs. If we get 50% on this hatch, I'll be really more than happy!

Tomorrow, I am trying to get the husband to build a new brooder so I have yet another incubator for duck eggs.

Quote:
Oh I knew it! I saw your post yesterday and I was like, no...that can't be right! I'd turn them just to be safe, can't hurt in my opinion. I had 4 of my current batch pip while in the turner.
hu.gif

Oh, I forgot to add that I now have 2 saxonies out and 3 more half way out. Looks liek it is a solid 5 that hatched! I am definitely re-installing all my computer stuff today so i can bombard you guys with a week's worth of hatching pictures later!

Last edited:
Ok thanks, I was getting alittle depressed when I thought they were all dead. Wow, these little guys can drive you batty can't they. I work at a nursing home as an aide. I had told all the old ladies about the ducks at work. I was hoping to take the ducks in to show them off. How many days or weeks old should they be to savely do that? It looks like I don't have to tell them that the ducks didn't make it. (Wipping my forhead in relif.)

Danger:

I would have had to go to TSC and get babies just to show the people at the nursing home if the others didn't make it. LOL. That's such a wonderful thing to do for them! My mother always smiled at baby animals...her entire life....even when her Alzheimer's made her cry all the time, she would coo and baby talk a puppy or a chick or almost ANY baby animal!

Im going to be putting some Mandarin eggs in the incubator this friday. Hopefully they will all fit. Not sure how its going to work, as the bator is almost full and I have to add about 13 of my silkie eggs to it. Im thinking about moving my call duck eggs over into the hovabator 1602n.

Hopefully my new hovabator genisis gets shipped out this week. I need it now.
barnie.gif
lol
lol.png

Ok all 5 of my saxonies hatched!
celebrate.gif
The last three hatches all ran together so I finally got to clean the hatcher, whew did it stink!

Back
Top Bottom