Who's hatching in February?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chic-n-farmer, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

I'm late firing up the incubator this year, but it's going now! 93 duck, chicken and guinea eggs were set Saturday 1-28 [​IMG]

Wish me luck!

2. tgblldog70

tgblldog70 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    We are looking at 2-14 for our hatching day. This is our 1st time doing this we have 6 Isa Browns is the bator.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  3. Chic-n-farmer

I set them on January 28th they will start hatching in February. [​IMG] If only it worked that way.

4. CALI CHICK

CALI CHICK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Rio Linda, CA
    [​IMG]That's a lot of new birdies! Are they from your own farm or shipped? I set 16 (shipped) silkie eggs a day ahead of you on January 27 @ 9am. This is my first time ever to incubate, and it sure has been a rollercoaster ride. I candled yesterday and these are my stats so far:

• 10 had definite veining/spidering
    • 5 are questionable (possibly infertile, stalls or blood rings)
    • 1 got cracked by the bator lid and had to be removed (but there was development when I opened it up)

I'm so excited that the breeder did an awesome job packing; The post office did an OK job of not shaking them up too bad although some air cells are bouncing around; My (borrowed) Brower 845 incubator is being very good at keeping steady temps. And, I'm just sitting on my hands waiting for hatch day.

5. Chic-n-farmer

From here at home I set these eggs:

17 Columbian Wyandotte bantam
    18 Black Wyandotte bantam
    7 Buff Brahma bantam
    12 Black cochin bantam
    3 I forgot to mark what kind [​IMG]
    4 Khaki Campbell duck

from a breeder on here I picked up and set these:

13 Barred Rock bantam
    9 Buff Brahma bantam (new line)
    10 Lavender guineas

My kids show chickens and I should have had these hatched a month ago.... but it's been a busy time.

I've never hatched silkies, but I have some in the brooder. Looks like we will be raising them, too.
    [​IMG]

I'll be setting more eggs next week, for staggered hatches, until I run out of room in the incubator.

6. pattgal

pattgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2010
    New Brunswick, Canada
    My silky went broody. I never got to try out my new egg turner and I only got to use my incubator once so you know what they say, Can't waste a broody hen
    I just need a few days to get enough of my wellie eggs
    wohoo

7. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    i have 11 due to hatch on the 11th lol

8. jlovelady

jlovelady Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2012
    Mine are supposed to hatch on the 20th

9. rgvchicks

rgvchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2012
    Roma Texas
    hello....im rgvchicks new to this website....just joined about an hr ago.....i just set 25 English Standard (Blue Cock) eggs on a homemade incubator i built....first time doing this hope everything goes well.....hatch feb 21-22......happy to be part of this community....rgvchicks

10. CALI CHICK

CALI CHICK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Rio Linda, CA
    [​IMG]
    Welcome! You'll love BYC and probably become quite addicted like many of us. There are so many helpful, knowledgable people on here...Don't know where I'd go for chicken info without BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by