Who's in 4h?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by okiron, Jun 22, 2009.

1. okiron

okiron Songster

May 7, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    For those of you who are in 4h, what does your club do? Who decides on activities? How long have you been in 4h? Tell me all about it [​IMG]

2. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    me I am in for 4-h. this is my first year and I love it. I am in dog hog and horse next year I am going to join dog hog horse rabbit community club...

3. Migizi

Migizi In the Brooder

Nov 19, 2008
    I'm in 4-h My club does stuff like volliteer ar our Rodeo, Clean the Cemetery, Walk Dogs at humane society, Clean the fair Grounds, Have meetings lol, Have Fun Days... stuff like that

We Have a activitie comitee for our club who decides what what things there are to do for that month then they bring them up at the meeting and have a vote.this works great!!!!!!

I've been in 4-h for almst 4 years..........................................................................................

ITS SSOOOOOO AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!

4. FrizzleFreak

FrizzleFreak Songster

I'm in 4-H, and it's my life for the most part! I do horticulture, crochet, fiber arts, dairy goats, market lambs, fiber rabbits, and of course, chickens. I'm in the top five poultry show people in the state of Oregon. I'm grand-champion in Dairy goats, and I already posted this and more on another thread that was exactly the same.
    We have a very large club, but we don't do much in the way of community service, except in the family circles. For instance, when our goat barn needed painting, the club came out and did it, and that put some money in our account.
    I'm secretary of our club, and though president sounds like they would do the most...not so much. My co-secretary and I do a lot of work, including planning the meeting, recording who does what, recording minutes, and basically running the meeting. In fact, tonight I'm holding a Small-Animal clinic, all about how to show chickens and rabbits. We don't have any cavies in our club, and we don't have any cows or pigs either. But we have everything else! Except dogs and horses, but in our neck of the woods, horse 4-H is downright dangerous, and dog 4-H doesn't really happen at all. It's a few days before everything else.
    This will be my third year of 4-H running my life. [​IMG]

5. Birdgirl

Birdgirl Songster

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I used to be in 4-H

6. first time farmer

first time farmer Songster

Dec 31, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I have been in 4-h for 8 years. I am the president of my club. I show horses and am starting to show sheep cows and chickens( the only way my mom would let me get a rooster). My club is all girls except me. We go to horse shows have meetings, clean up the fair grounds, do fundraisers.

4-h is the reason the way i am.

7. warsawffagurl

warsawffagurl Songster

Jul 23, 2008
    Warsaw, IN
    I've been in 4-H for 8 years.
    I've been president and secretary of the Rabbit club.
    I show rabbits, poultry, and horse and pony.
    I also do photography and scrapbooking.
    I think 4-H is a great club for all children to get in. It keeps me busy in the summer and i make new friends all the time.

8. okiron

okiron Songster

May 7, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Can you be in more than 1 club at a time?

9. FrizzleFreak

FrizzleFreak Songster

Yes, if for example one club is entirely based on pigs, but you want to show chickens too, so you join the chicken club.

10. okiron

okiron Songster

May 7, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Ooo ok and I'm guessing by the previous responses that a club could specialize in more than 1 thing? And if they are (for example, chickens, pigs and horses) can you participate in only the chicken part?

Sorry if my questions are stupid I'm just really ignorant on the subject.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: