3 Augsburger Hens
3 Light Brown Leghorn Hens
3 Sultan Hens
2 White Cochin Hens (1 Frizzled)
1 Blue Silkie Hen
1 Light Brahma Bantam Hen
2 Ameraucana Hens
2 Mix Breed Hens

Have some eggs due to hatch this weekend under my Silkie so I may be adding to this list.

Last edited:
Wow, Augsburgers!!!
Where did you get them?
http://omegahillsfarm.com/

They are members here and have great birds. I had more but would you believe that TEN of my chicks were taken out of the dog crate I had them in while I was at work by a two legged predator? They most likely didn't even know what they had, either. I had never even thought of putting a padlock on my run before that. One more was killed by a snake.
sad.png

I'm hoping for some chicks in my upcoming hatch with the double comb since two of my three hens have it. :D

Last edited:
http://omegahillsfarm.com/

They are members here and have great birds. I had more but would you believe that TEN of my chicks were taken out of the dog crate I had them in while I was at work by a two legged predator? They most likely didn't even know what they had, either. I had never even thought of putting a padlock on my run before that. One more was killed by a snake.
sad.png

I'm hoping for some chicks in my upcoming hatch with the double comb since two of my three hens have it. :D
That is terrible. :( I've been debating putting padlocks on my henhouse and run as i've heard this happen to others. unbelievable.

I have:
2 SLW
2 EE
1 Buff Orp
1 Golden Comet

2 frizzled Cochins (Alice and Lizzy)
2 Americauna x California White (Eclair and Chirpy)
2 Califorina Whites (Letty and Bianca)
1 Americauna (Wendy)
2 Red sexlinks (Ponyo and Jewel Sparkles)
1 ??? (Ezra)

3 ducks (Rin, Sheimi, and Elsa)

On the way
6 silkies
2 blue Swedish

How does your single guinea get along with your chickens?
She actually gets a long real well with them - I have also heard some bad stories with combining them with chickens. She used to live with two other guinea hens - one died from an illness and another one from a fox. So, I am not sure if she was just looking for companionship because her buddies were gone. She is very attached to my rooster, Chester, who is very docile. We joke to Toby, the guinea hen, tells him to be her boyfriend and stay with her
hugs.gif
. But she does interact with all of the hens and at times, reminds them that she is running the coop. But she has not been very aggressive to them - just pushing and shoving. And now when she comes through, it is like the parting of the Red Sea with the hens. She is a absolute great alarmist when there is something in the area that she is very unsure of which includes my husband :). She takes care of her family that is for sure and we call her one of the chicken family.

Back
Top Bottom