Who's NOT having turkey for Thanksgiving?

Ham here for our family!
smile.png
For some reason we aren't a turkey eating family

Ham here, too. Everyone loves ham and no one is that fond of turkey. Maybe if we grew a decent bird....

On Food Network last night, a judge remarked she'd never had a turkey that wasn't dry, and sure enough, this famous chef had produced a somewhat dry turkey dish. Exactly....

Who's not having turkey for Thanksgiving? I'll tell ya who, my in-laws. Reason being, they waited til this morning to tell me I drew the short straw again this year and am supposed to cook a turkey(funny how I always get the short straw). Ummm....no, I asked about this a month ago and didn't receive a response til today. Sorry, folks, if you're waitin' on me to put the turkey in Turkey Day, you'll have a long wait!
smile.png

I'm starting my Grinch behavior early this year.
lol.png

Well, we are having a turkey, but not just a turkey, DH is making a Turducken, a Chicken inside a Duck, inside a Turkey, with a layer of Stuffing in between each. He has been wanting one for years, but this is the first year everybody has agreed to try it, and the first year we actually found a butcher willing to debone all 3 birds.

We are having chicken. One of my oversized Cornish X now residing in the freezer. For reasons beyond my control I delayed processing the last batch. A couple of them topped 16 pounds. As for Thanksgiving dinner, I find it one of the easiest meals to fix. I am not known for being efficient, but by golly I learned how to streamline Thanksgiving. Making the stuffing isn't hard. Roasting the bird is easy. Just stuff it and pop it in the oven. It cooks while I do something else. I usually serve candied sweet potatoes, peas, a fruit salad in honor of my late mother-in-law, a delicious and easy cranberry salad in honor of my late mother, and pumpkin pie. For the last I use premade crust (my pie crust is inedible) and the recipe off the Libby pumpkin can. I may or may not fix mashed potatoes. Things like making the pie, the cranberry salad, and cooking the sweet potatoes can be done a day or two before Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite meals. One of the things I like best about it is the leftovers. Which means I don't have to cook for a few days after Thanksgiving either.

Back
Top Bottom