Who's setting eggs today (St. Pattys Day) ?? ??

I have a small problem.... one of our chicken eggs "Lucky" was put in a cardboard box with 5 others and then the lamp broke 2 weeks into it so I shoved him/her in a Brisnea-like brooder...but he is TWO days behind the eggs in the brooder!!! Lockdown for it will be today! Do I keep him in there or put him back in the box with a new lamp?!

I got home from grocery shopping 10 minutes ago and I have my first pip in my Cochin eggs! Day 21 officially started at 10:30 this morning, and I should have my first chick for this batch within 24 hours!
wee.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
How did I miss this thread? I set Bob white quail on St. Patrick's day. They take about 24 days, so just due to lock down.

PolishPoppy, if you raise your humidity significantly for lockdown, I would probably keep him out. Will you have someplace to put him in 2 days for lockdown? if not, you may be better off the go ahead and include him in the lockdown.

Ugh ....this whole thing with Lucky is very stressful....I would like for him to STAY Lucky! I'll keep everyone posted, but I think he will be sitting in the R-COM incubator (from Meyers) and I do not see in the manual if the humidity levels raise themselves for these last two days...maybe we can stick him back in the original cardboard box )but I am scared to move him now ----the box is down the steps and in the basement---and who knows what all that jiggling and air draft might do!) Can't wait to here about everyone elses chicks!

Well, I have one nearly out (just needs to give that last push to flop himself out of the egg), two zipping, three that have pipped, and two that haven't done anything that I can see yet.
jumpy.gif

Here is a cruddy picture of the guy that's just about out:
ChickensDucks017.jpg

Back
Top Bottom