Who's used a plastic pond liner for ducks?

Going Quackers

Crowing
12 Years
May 24, 2011
On, Canada
I have a new flock (well, two welsh harlequins and two calls) they will have a penned area and we have an extra pond liner it's the formed plastic kind that we had for our Koi till that project got to large and we dug something... anyways.... i have always used basic kiddy pools but my one daughter suggested this left over liner that is gathering dust lol

How do you clean this thing out? it would have to be dug into the ground... clearly has no drain plug... i mean one could flood it but that's rather wasteful of water and we are on a well.

The flock are still babies in the house under heat so we have some time to sort this, however again not ever having this sort of pool not sure where to start, should mention we get cold, like way below freezing for months, we had 6inches of snow in May this year... so that is of concern too.. mind you i guess i could do a pond heater lol

I use one but I do not have it dug into the ground, it helps keep the dirt out. I use a submersible pump to empty it every couple of days. I water my garden with the water. When we have freezing weather and ice (which isn’t that often), I do not use the pools. They have a heated dog water dish to drink out of.

This is mine. I have been using it for four years and it is still working well.
IMG_1301.jpg

Back
Top Bottom