Who's Your Daddy?

SkyWarrior

Songster
9 Years
Apr 2, 2010
Wilds of Montana
Oh my. I knew I'd have some interesting chicks out of this hatch, but I had no idea...

Let me start with an explanation of what has occurred. I put 3 blue-green eggs, 1 chocolate egg, and 3 brown eggs from my two chicken pens. Pen 1 is easy: it has Vader, my big black EE and 4 EE hens (2 gold, 1 partridge, 1 splash). Pen 2 is complex and I need to thin the roosters there. I have 1 BR roo, 1 EE (copper/blue) roo, and 1 CM roo. Hens: 1 blue marans (the chocolate egg), 1 BS orp, 1 BO, 2 RIR, 2 BR, 1 EE (partridge), and 1 BSL.

1 (blue) egg that hatched I was pretty darn sure it was Vader x golden EE: Result: gold chick with black stripes. Muffs

The other six chicks are as follows:

3 BLUE chicks!!!! Yay!!!
wee.gif
Two have muffs. (!!!) I sure at least one came from a blue egg. Another came from the blue marans egg.

3 Black chicks with BR or CM markings. ONE has a muff (!!!)

Now (coff) -- who would you say would line up with each of them? And do you have a guess as to their sex with the colors?

The obligatory, yet lousy picts:

53034_dscn0266.jpg

53034_dscn0267.jpg

53034_dscn0271.jpg

53034_dscn0272.jpg

Quote:
Oh yeah! They're awesome little guys/gals. Long story short last year I tried for blue chickens -- blue marans, BBS orps, etc, and only got a splash orp, a blue marans and a copper/blue EE. Now, I've doubled my blue birds without even trying!
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom