Why a guinea?

My guineas sounded like a machine gun going off, again.... and again..... and again. I loved it, but no one else did! Where my rooster would crow for a couple seconds, my guineas would chatter for minutes at a time, and when you get a good sized flock, that can be LOUD. Super loud. They are great birds, but super flighty. I just raised them for fun, and I did eat some of their eggs.

Quote:
Wow. They sound so different. Thank you so much for posting the audio and video sites. Boy do I really want them now. I have neighbors though. Two side of my yard are butted up against back yards of my neighbors .75 acre lots. The other side has a house but that you would be diagonal across my yard behind my wooden privacy fence and 20 foot "shade cloth" fence around the old tennis court. I just don't want to stir up too many problem. So far the hens are working out okay. Most of my neighbors know that I have them. Hmmmm. Are guineas considered poultry?

We've got over 3 acres here, but have neighbors directly across the street. They are super excited that we're getting chickens and want to know if I'll sell feathers for fly tying and eggs as well.
tongue.png
I can only hope they'll be as cool about the guineas. They probably won't mind the tick control, since they have dogs too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom