Why a red comb so early?

Could you send a updated photo of it? Pretty sure it’s a cockerel as the huge black patch of feathers at the base of the neck. Usually male hatchery quality Wyandottes have that black patch. I’d love to see what it looks like now :)

Here are a couple of pictures of young Wyandottes. We purchased 4 supposedly already sexed as female from a Runnings farm store. In the first picture, we called it a cockerel at about 5 to 6 weeks of age. We found a good home for him as we cannot have roosters. The second picture is representative of the other three birds and they were all similar. The cockerel showed wattles early and a larger dark red comb. The cockerel was also more outgoing and dominate. I don't have much experience with chickens, but I think most people can see the difference. By the way, his new mom is a vet and she says that he is definitely a cockerel.

Camillo.jpg

Pullet.jpg

here's a picture of the female.
She's getting a treat in the 1st pic

Attachments

• IMG_1353.JPG
    IMG_1353.JPG
    425.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1354.JPG
    IMG_1354.JPG
    465.3 KB · Views: 9
Could you send a updated photo of it? Pretty sure it’s a cockerel as the huge black patch of feathers at the base of the neck. Usually male hatchery quality Wyandottes have that black patch. I’d love to see what it looks like now :)
I just posted some pictures.
sorry for taking so long!

Back
Top Bottom