Why am I getting flagged on Craigslist???

arabianequine

Crowing
9 Years
Apr 4, 2010
Quote:Giving something away should be in the FREE section or it will probably get flagged. Even though I think all farm related items will get the best reviews in that category like yourself I am sure....we don't make the rules for CL.

Good luck!

thechickenchick

Born city, Living country
11 Years
Mar 8, 2008
Eaton, Colorado
Quote:Giving something away should be in the FREE section or it will probably get flagged. Even though I think all farm related items will get the best reviews in that category like yourself I am sure....we don't make the rules for CL.

Good luck!

I tried that also, got an email telling me it should be under pets
If I had stated "not for eating" I would have understood, but I didn't. Like I said I gave up. I guess I don't understand having nothing else to do besides be the CL Police?!

HHandbasket

The Chickeneer
9 Years
Jun 2, 2010
El Dorado County, California
I bought my birds from an ad on craigslist. I don't understand flaggers, either. I have had both good and bad luck with craigslist as both a buyer and seller, and luckily I have not been flagged so far.

Hopefully, whoever it is will stop flagging you. Good luck & let us know what happens.

Last edited:

hoppy

I'm not all fluff
12 Years
May 5, 2007
central maine
sometimes if I have problems being flagged I post in the ad that "this is allowed per the rules, then quote the rule" usually that leaves it alone.

Sachasmom

Songster
10 Years
Mar 1, 2009
Upstate NY
I saw your ad on CL, I wonder why they would flag it? Gotta love CL, I've had a zillion people email me wanting stuff today and yesterday, only one followed thru so far though.

They usually leave my ads alone, I also think if you put up an ad on the Farm and Garden section and you're a business they flag it, since its supposed to go in the business section?

I don't post in the pets section, although I do look thru it. I have to wonder about all those Hedgehogs and Chinchillas for $100-150 "rehoming" fees. I want a female Cockatiel for my male just for companionship, every single ad is always more like a sale ad!

Want to go to the Chickenstock with me in Oct? I'm over in Bloomfield, so we're practically neighbors!

Goose and Fig

Grateful Geese
10 Years
Apr 19, 2009
Fall Creek Falls TN
Quote:Sounds like you need to contact the administrator about that--I would expect that to be against the rules, and that your ad would be reposted.

Yeah- that is completely unethical. What if I had some lab puppies to sell? And I went and flagged everybody else with labrador ads? No- that's really crummy.

Miltonchix

Taking a Break
12 Years
Jul 14, 2007
Milton, Florida
probably some peta whack job. to them animals should be treated the same, if not better, than people. And you wouldn't sell mom would you?

Top Bottom