Why am I not getting as many eggs as usual?

Chicken Charlotte

Out of the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
QLD
Hello,
My chickens used to lay I have 7 and only get 4 eggs or sometimes 6 why never 7? They are still ment to be laying but why aren't they??
They could be laying somewhere else but how do I stop that there cage is not big enough to keep them locked in all day please help.
Thankyou
thumbsup.gif

Hens lay by daylight hours the day is now getting short so egg production is going to slow down & then stop, unless you put lights with a timer on them & give them more daylight time.

There have been several threads here daily on this subject. If you live up north, you need to concern yourself with the size of their cage, not how many eggs.... Locking them up would likely not change the number of eggs anyway.

My chicken cage has lots of trees around it but my dad is going to cut them down
ya.gif

Do you recken that might help? And my mum will only let me keep my babys if they lay its annoying I love them so much im atached but it is a lot of money with other pets on the line(HORSES, COWS, DOGS, 1 CAT, AND chickYS) Its a lot to pay for. Oh and we live on the sunshine coast so does that change anything it has been raining and that makes the place dark but then come the sunny days and they still dont all lay. I will tell them to hide under a chair if they dont start laying
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom