Solved Why am I seeing Amazon and Walmart as links everywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aart

Chicken Juggler!
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Nov 27, 2012
SW Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
OK, Thanks @Nifty-Chicken !
Do they only make money for BYC when they are clicked.....
.......or is it like the ads, just seeing them helps us all out.
Great questions!

It's different from advertising and is an "affiliate" relationship where BYC gets a few pennies (like, literally pennies) if someone clicks and buys stuff.

Just to be clear, the links do NOT alter the prices of the items... it's just these companies ways to compete with each other and try to get you to buy the widget from them vs. someone else, so they have these programs in place to motivate websites to link to them directly.

Ads are the primary way BYC keeps the lights on, but with the economic downturn, advertisers spending less, and BYC making the choice to block political ads, we felt this affiliate relationship would be a very unobtrusive way to help out.

It's different from advertising and is an "affiliate" relationship where BYC gets a few pennies (like, literally pennies) if someone clicks and buys stuff.
So if I want to buy something from Amazon (I have several things in my cart),
I should get there by clicking an Amazon link on BYC and some pennies will automatically get slipped into the coffers here?

So if I want to buy something from Amazon (I have several things in my cart),
I should get there by clicking an Amazon link on BYC and some pennies will automatically get slipped into the coffers here?
Yeah, I think so, because it adds this tag to the link.
1601510555088.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom