Why am I surrounded by people who have to be...

dianaross77

Crowing
13 Years
Oct 10, 2010
Grand Blanc, MI
Right?! All the time. Even if no one is arguing with them. Ugh.

Keep in mind, I never said anything to indicate I was upset about this. Nor did I place blame. All I said was I didn't think it was a coincidence that both our 4 year old's got sick within 24 hours of eachother.

My friend keeps texting me, insisting that her son didn't get all of us sick when he had a sleepover here. She says the kids don't have the same illness because her son's only symptom was a fever and my kids don't have one. Eventhough I told her at least three different times that he was sneezing and had a runny nose while he was here. She told me he had boogers, as if after almost 10 years of being a parent and over 30 of being a human, I don't know the difference. "Maybe it's allergies, or maybe your house isn't as dry as mine." It's just so frustrating. It's been 4 days of this. Enough already. They're sick. Germs are everywhere. I don't care where they came from. Just let it go!

he.gif

I told someone just the other day that we needed to drop the whole issue because arguing wasn't going to make him any less wrong in the end.
lol.png

Quote:
You may be no help, but you're absolutely right.
lol.png

Guess that's no help either, is it?

You guys are funny! Thanks, I needed the laugh. It doesn't usually bother me. I'm used to never being "right". I'm usually satisfied in my mind knowing that I am and don't care that they think they are. I was thinking she was feeling guilty,too.

I think she's just trying to convince herself & you that she's not a bad mother for sending her clearly sick child to a sleepover instead of keeping him home like she should have.

Quote:
Well, in her defense, he didn't seem sick until later. But I do think she is trying to convince someone it's not her fault. Whoever that is...

This thread isn't what I expected. My two guesses before I clicked on it were -

... so annoying.

... so stupid.

I didn't think of right, but it's such an obvious choice, I don't know how I missed it!

I hope you all feel better soon.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom