Why are all of my chicks hatching white!?

To me, that looks like white barring on a light gray chicken, rather than white barring on a white chicken.

Besides barring, do you know what other genes that one has?
He’s a barred rock rooster over a white rock hen, so it is white on white. He only has one copy of barring and one copy of dominant white, so he does have black leakage. This is when he was a juvenile. It’s really more of a light tan color as opposed to gray, but he is what happens when you have a white barred chicken (ghost barring).

Hopefully your recent batch of chicks has a cockerel you can keep? Your rooster would accept one of them in the flock better than a rooster that's not related. (they'd fight)
This isn't true, at least in my experience. Though I don't own roosters, my relative does. As soon as breeding season came around, the main rooster killed his own son. Maybe if the roosters were raised together from chicks, it would be a different story.

This isn't true, at least in my experience. Though I don't own roosters, my relative does. As soon as breeding season came around, the main rooster killed his own son. Maybe if the roosters were raised together from chicks, it would be a different story.
I think that’s just An issue with an aggressive rooster. Most of the time you can integrate two roosters together.

Back
Top Bottom