Why are K-9 cops so freaky thin??

Quote:
Oh please. Will the cops and donuts jokes ever end.
roll.png
roll.png
I know lots of cops, never saw one of em with a donut in their hand. I'm married to one and he hates donuts.

Quote:
This is my GSD Chance whose sire and dam were both Schutzhund dogs imported from East Germany. He is a high energy working dog and people have told me he looks thin however he is a perfect weight. Most imported working dogs have the straight back and are not 100 lbs plus dogs like the American bred GSDs.

P1070504corrected_edited-2-2.jpg

P1070491photoshopped-1.jpg

Quote:
I disagree. You should never let a GSD get heavy, no matter their age. Too hard on their hips and makes them more prone to gastric torsion.
smile.png

Quote:
I disagree. You should never let a GSD get heavy, no matter their age. Too hard on their hips and makes them more prone to gastric torsion.
smile.png

I agree with you. I meant that they tend to fill out a bit more. Khan right now is still puppy gawky with his hips sticking out. Scooter filled out after he was around 2 years old. But his hips still show.

PS: Khan is ridiculously lanky. I have to get apic for you
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
This is my GSD Chance whose sire and dam were both Schutzhund dogs imported from East Germany. He is a high energy working dog and people have told me he looks thin however he is a perfect weight. Most imported working dogs have the straight back and are not 100 lbs plus dogs like the American bred GSDs.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g46/sgtmom52/Puppies/P1070504corrected_edited-2-2.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g46/sgtmom52/Puppies/P1070491photoshopped-1.jpg

He is so handsome!
love.gif

I used to worry about Jax's weight till the vets told me to stop. Then I worried about Kane being too heavy, until I realized he is an exact duplicate of his grandsire, Xuck.

4810_xuck_von_der_friesenklippe.jpg

Quote:
Okay, okay. The weather is beautiful today so I'll take them outside soon and grab a couple of shots.

Quote:
Oh please. Will the cops and donuts jokes ever end.
roll.png
roll.png
I know lots of cops, never saw one of em with a donut in their hand. I'm married to one and he hates donuts.

They never will end. Especially when our local cop shop is built RIGHT NEXT DOOR to a donut shop. I mean, they share a wall!!!
lol.png

My Husband recently brought home an EOD German Shepherd from Iraq, because the duty station he was at was closed. These dogs train or work the most part of the day. I do not consider him thin at all, although his back bones are visible. He is very active, very healthy, extremly loving and one of the smartest dogs I have ever seen. I only hope I can keep him in the shape he is in mentally and physically.

Quote:
It takes some work. They get bored if they aren't always doing something, learning something new.

ETS: Thank your DH for his service for me and I'm glad he's home safe.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom