Why are my chicks plucking each others feathers off

The bad ones are the ones that are doing the damage and their 2 months old

The bad ones are the ones that are doing the damage and their 2 months old

So how many do you have total? And how many bad ones have you pulled out of the group? If it is just a couple bad ones and the rest of the flock gets along, I'd say keep them out for at least several days then put them back with the flock one at a time. This will upset the pecking order and they'll have to work on fitting in again. Sometimes this will take care of a pecking problem, sometimes it won't. If it doesn't you can try pulling the bad ones out for a longer period of time or you may have to get rid of the ones that do the pecking if they just won't quit.

I have 8 and 3 of them are biting thank you so much I'll try that idea

Your welcome, I hope it helps. When you do put the bad ones back do it one at a time, like one every two or three days. That may help too. If you add them back as a group you'll probably be right back at square one. Good luck!

But when I let them go for a run what should I do with the mean ones should I not let them run

What else is high in protein besides canned cat food ?
Lots of protein in egg yolks. You can scramble them up and cook them or just feed them to them raw. Either way mine go berserk for eggs lol. Mealworms are high in protein too and you can get them dried at the feed store. I was told only to feed the worms to them 3 times a week, but I have also read where you only feed them once a week so I'm not sure how often. Also as funny as it sounds you can feed them baby food chicken if you want. Mine weren't interested in it at all but I did try.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for your advice! I got some canned dog & cat food at the store today and they went NUTS! Haha I threw out some dry dog food too for later. I also fed them fish (which I assume is good too since it's so high in protein) and they loved that too!!

Back
Top Bottom