Why are my girls suddenly squatting and stomping their feet when I reach for them?

Thank you so much for posting this...I thought maybe they were turning aggressive towards me! I actually was beginning to think they were roosters! Thank you now I know they Luke me and not the other way around I raised them from chicks in my home to now outside!

As you did, I thought I had startled my girls when they would squat and stomp their feet. My first thought was "what the heck are doing" lol

I would bend down and give them a light petting and they would stand up, fluff out and shake. I thought.....sheesh, they don't like me at all and definitely don't want me petting them lol.

The past couple of weeks have been so exciting in our flock!
wee.gif

My girls have so much personality
D.gif
and I just LOVE them!
They started laying eggs
jumpy.gif
and NOW I hear that they actually acknowledge me and possibly even like me a little
big_smile.png
celebrate.gif

LOL Ok....newbie question here....in the past week, I've noticed that my 16 week old girls have started squatting low to the ground and stomping their feet when I reach for them. Why? LOL Nothing has happened that I'm aware of to make them afraid of me.
Thanks

I found this hilarious cause I didn't know why my baby was doing this! And it was only when I tried to pick her up Noone else. I thought she was suddenly scared of me and had no idea why!!

She hasn't laid yet and is the only chicken I have. I'm not sure her exact age either but I've had her for about 4 months!

Back
Top Bottom