Why are my meaties not growing?

lnm03

Crowing
15 Years
Oct 6, 2008
so I ordered 50 jumbo cornish cross from cackle and the 12th is their 8 week mark and they are no where near what they need to be!!!!!! I was feeding 12 on and 12 off but theyre not growing so do I leave food in 24/7? They are on Meat Bird Crumbles, non medicated, 21% protein. Last year was my first year for meaties and they were twice this size at this time.......any suggestions???

straight run and I would say 2 to 2.5 lbs not sure exactly but I am at work I can see if I can get my DH to take a few pics later.

Wow. Are you sure they are cor crosses ? I would be tempted to call the hatchery and let them know what and how much you have been feeding them. But first how much feed total have you fed them. ?

We have went through 6 50lb bags. They always have feed in thier feeders theyre never empty when we take them out at night and we fill them in the morning. They have two large goat troughs they eat out of and there is plenty of room for all of them to get to the feed. They have feed from 7a to 7:30 or 8pm. So thats 12.5 to 13 hrs.

Wait a sec, the 12th is 8 weeks, so right now they are only SIX weeks... you will be amazed at how much they grow in the next two weeks. Keep up with the 12 on and 12 off or they can develop troubles.

Back
Top Bottom