Why are my quail not mating??

stephanie1992

Songster
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
Central California (Denair/Turlock)
I have a male Pharoh quail and a female pharoh quail. im positive they are male and female. one lays eggs. the other has the red coloring on its belly. The vet even said they were boy and girl. They are in the same cage. only them two in it. always fresh food and water. they are not mating. they get along and sleep by each other. but thats it. y could be the reason there not mating. im poitive there not. i watch them. put a camera on them. i know there not. What could cause this??

If you are positive they are male and female and have sufficient light and heat (sounds like you do) they should be. Does your male crow? How long have they had light on them for? Sometimes it can take a couple weeks for them to get going again if you just added a light source. Other than that, no clue.

If you are positive they are male and female and have sufficient light and heat (sounds like you do) they should be. Does your male crow? How long have they had light on them for? Sometimes it can take a couple weeks for them to get going again if you just added a light source. Other than that, no clue.

male crows, and when i take the female out he calls for her. they have had light on them for 2 months. they have been in the same pen for two months. hen lays eggs. put them in the bator to check them. none form. maybe he or she is sterile??

You need a new roo. If it gets 16 hrs of light. And is above 35 degs, your hen should be bald... Mine will hump your hand when you try to get a feeder. There's no way one hen will be enough for a normal Coturnix roo that's 5 months old. Three will be bald in a few months with a normal roo... Shop for a pretty big roo and you'll have fertile eggs...

You need a new roo. If it gets 16 hrs of light. And is above 35 degs, your hen should be bald... Mine will hump your hand when you try to get a feeder. There's no way one hen will be enough for a normal Coturnix roo that's 5 months old. Three will be bald in a few months with a normal roo... Shop for a pretty big roo and you'll have fertile eggs...

thats what i was thinking. hes 1 year old. and the females almost a year. i guess its time to go shopping for a new roo and maybe two more females

Back
Top Bottom